There are hundreds of events taking place each day. But honestly speaking, how many do you follow diligently? There are a few events that are exclusive, the ones that immediately grab your attention. And then there are some events that just seem to disappear without a trace. With the right amount of event promotion, your program shouldn’t really fall in the second category. An event when marketed properly and to the right audience can end up being some of the most popular events that have ever happened- you know the ones that remain etched in your memories for days to come. Adequate event marketing would help your event become an exclusive one.
There is a reason why we keep stressing on this term, “exclusive”. Now any event faces the danger of descending into oblivion unless you take necessary measures. These measures would include going the extra mile to make sure your event stands out. Here are a few things you can do-
• Make your event an “invite only” one. Unless your guests have an invitation, they don’t get to come. That certainly generates a buzz and before you know it, your event is trending and the talk of the season. That’s one way to stand out and increase ticket sales!
• Through social media or other platforms, spread the information that your event is exclusive and that you are planning to exclude some people. This would have to be one of the smartest event promotion techniques and would be a great event branding method.
• Get hold of some VIP guests. If you manage to get your event to the right people, you’re all set. With VIPs attending, people are going to be struggling to get hold of your tickets. Now who doesn’t like to play hard to get? That would certainly amp up your value.
• When it comes to event registration, mention the fact that your event venue has limited capacity. Small scale events, especially the ones that are A-listed, create a whole lot of buzz.
• Have a waiting list. That’s for people who have been shortlisted to attend the event, but haven’t made it to the final list yet.
• You also need to have a high ticket price. In a society where money speaks, a high scale event will always have pricey tickets.
• Also, get the best venues for your events. It doesn’t matter how much it costs; it’s really all about the show!
• Also, have a mystery element about your event. That always sets the right tone for your event.
Talk about paid promotion! These 9 tips would certainly give your event that X factor and would make it the event of the season!